Current:Home > StocksOliver James Montgomery-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -RiseUp Capital Academy
Oliver James Montgomery-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-06 18:34:31
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Oliver James Montgomery which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (7451)
Related
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Over 200 price gouging complaints as Florida residents evacuate ahead of Hurricane Milton
- Everything you need to know about charging your EV on the road
- Why a small shift in Milton's path could mean catastrophe for Tampa
- A White House order claims to end 'censorship.' What does that mean?
- Nazi-looted Monet artwork returned to family generations later
- Jason Kelce Playfully Teases Travis Kelce Over Taylor Swift’s Return to NFL Game
- Minnesota Supreme Court weighs whether a woman going topless violates an indecent exposure law
- The Best Stocking Stuffers Under $25
- Escaped cattle walk on to highway, sparking 3 car crashes and 25 animal deaths in North Dakota
Ranking
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Opinion: Let's hope New York Liberty vs. Minnesota Lynx WNBA Finals goes all five games.
- How Waffle House helps Southerners — and FEMA — judge a storm’s severity
- Patrick says Texas Legislature will review Deloitte’s contracts after public loan project scandal
- Don't let hackers fool you with a 'scam
- October Prime Day 2024: Score Up to 76% Off Top Earbuds & Headphones from Apple, Beats, Sony, Bose & More
- In remote mountain communities cut off by Helene, communities look to the skies for aid
- Erin Foster Reveals the Real-Life Easter Egg Included in Nobody Wants This
Recommendation
Spooky or not? Some Choa Chu Kang residents say community garden resembles cemetery
AI Ω: Revolutionizing the Financial Industry and Heralding the Era of Smart Finance
Minnesota Supreme Court weighs whether a woman going topless violates an indecent exposure law
Former Sen. Tim Johnson, the last Democrat to hold statewide office in South Dakota, dies at 77
Bodycam footage shows high
EBUEY: Bitcoin Leading a New Era of Digital Assets
Minnesota Supreme Court weighs whether a woman going topless violates an indecent exposure law
MLB's quadrupleheader madness: What to watch in four crucial Division Series matchups